The Loosh Spot

"All you have in life is your truth." -Britney Spears

August 17, 2005

Virginia is for Laptops

Or so it was yesterday at the Richmond International Raceway, when a sale of of $50 laptops launched a full-fledged riot "with people getting thrown to the pavement, beaten with a folding chair and nearly driven over."

The computers were being offloaded by a Richmond school district and were four years old, but people were still pretty pumped and came hours early, peed on themselves to stay in line, threw elderly competitors to the ground, beat each other back with chairs, and tried to drive cars through the crowd.
Some shoppers were understandably traumitized but some of the more vicious clearly were satisfied with their prize and considered their actions rational. From CNN:

Jesse Sandler said he was one of the people pushing forward, using a folding chair he had brought with him to beat back people who tried to cut in front of him.

"I took my chair here and I threw it over my shoulder and I went, 'Bam,"' the 20-year-old said nonchalantly, his eyes glued to the screen of his new iBook, as he tapped away on the keyboard at a testing station.

"They were getting in front of me and I was there a lot earlier than them, so I thought that it was just," he said.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I remember when something like this happened at my middle school after recess. Everybody was really excited to get back to class and people started getting trampled by the door.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home